New Year, New You: Skin Care Commitments
Halfway through the first month of the year is always a good time to check in on the New Year’s commitments we made to ourselves. Did you make any self care or wellness resolutions? If so, how are you doing with them? If not, here is what we recommend committing to in order to look and feel your best.
Skin care commitments for Millennials and Gen Zers:
- Establish good skin habits early on. Commit to a basic yet healthy skin care routine that you know you can stick to. Don’t overcomplicate it: a good cleanser and moisturizer is the foundation of healthy skin.
- It’s all about prevention. If you’re old enough to drink, you’re old enough for a good eye cream. Your future self will thank you.
- Did we mention it’s all about prevention? Get in the habit of applying sunscreen every day, no matter the weather outside.
Skin care commitments for Gen Xers, Baby Boomers, and beyond:
- With every added year, spend a few more minutes taking care of your skin. Add a treatment serum or two to your routine. Make sure you exfoliate regularly. Apply a mask weekly.
- Makeup ages you. This is particularly true of “skin” makeup, as foundation and concealer have a tendency to settle in fine lines and wrinkles and make them more visible. Spend extra time on your skin, and less time on your (skin) makeup.
- Incorporate retinol into your regimen. Considered by dermatologists as the gold standard ingredient to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, it will not only boost your skin’s collagen production but also even out your complexion.