Top 10 Body Care Tips
While the truth is that summer bodies are made in the winter, one can’t help but pay more attention to body care as bathing suit season approaches. Here are some of our tips to embrace the arrival of warmer weather and be kind to our bodies.
- Remember that every body is a beach body. First and foremost, be kind to yourself. The goal is not to look like a model, the goal is to feel healthy, and look like the best version of yourself.
- Just as facial exfoliation is particularly important to slough away winter dullness, so is body exfoliation. We love a good loofah - and replace ours often.
- Our founder Dr. Polla always reminds us that our face doesn’t end at the jaw line, but at the décolleté line. Our Firming Gel For Neck And Bust should be used year-round. During the warmer months, we make sure to also use it on the arms, as well as the belly – it becomes our complete upper body treatment gel.
- Also to help tone and tighten the upper body, we are committing to doing 100 sit-ups or a 60-second plank every day. At least every week day…
- Care for your legs with our Optimizing Body Contour Gel, which helps to minimize the look of cellulite and reduce water retention thanks to laminaries and 9% caffeinated ingredients. Working from the inside out, we also love the supplement Beautiful Legs by Reserveage to help support and health and tone of leg veins and capillaries.
- A cold rinse at the end of a bath or shower also works wonders for water retention and blood circulation. It is a “mind over body” ordeal, yet it feels so good and refreshing!
- Nothing looks and feels worse than skin so dry it is ashy. Our Soothing Body Lotion nourishes deeply, all the while healing any irritation (thank you panthenol and lavender) and providing anti-aging benefits (thank you rosemary and green tea).
- Our feet are coming out of boots and headed towards sandals and flip flops. Pedicures are on the horizon… At home, the Dry Skin Balm every evening is perfect to heal cracked heels. For nails, we love a good cuticle oil every evening, and are embracing the nude, buffed but no polish trend...
- Make it a point to spend 30 minutes outdoors every day. Take a walk, garden, go for a quick run. Nothing makes the body feel better than a bit of physical exertion.
- Buy a new swimsuit! Who knows when and where we’ll next be at the beach… but nothing makes us dream summer dreams more than a cute new bathing suit!