What Is "Tech Neck" And How To Care For Your Neck And Décolleté
Did you know that the second product our Founder Dr. Luigi L. Polla created (right after our best-selling Kantic Brightening Moisture Mask) was our Firming Gel For Neck And Bust? Indeed, he noticed that while his female patients were taking great care of their faces (read, face says I am 37), their neck and décolleté were giving away their “real” age (read, neck says I am 45). He still spends a lot of time reminding his patients to take good care of this often forgotten part of the body. Here are his top recommendations.
- Invest in products specific to the neck and chest. The skin of the neck is thinner and more delicate than the skin of the face (you often see neck wrinkles before you will see face wrinkles), so targeted care is best. (Hint hint, our Firming Gel For Neck And Bust).
- Always apply products to neck and bust in counter-gravity movements – moving up and never moving down (no need to accelerate or encourage turkey neck).
- When applying your SPF product (daily, always), don’t forget to bring it down to your neck and any part of your décolleté that will be visible once clothed.
- Given the amount of time we spend on our devices, beware of “tech neck”. Place your computer as close to eye level as possible (so you are not constantly looking down), and watch how you hold your phone (and how long you spend on it of course).
- Sleep on your back – even if part of the night. Side sleeping will aggravate chest wrinkles and increase sagging.
- If or when you feel the need, visit your dermatologist and invest in the right professional treatment to rejuvenate the area.