In honor of National Doctor Day, we wanted to share some of our favorite factoids about our founder, Dr. Luigi L. Polla…
- He’s a Pisces (sympathetic, creative, imaginative).
- His middle initial L. stands for Leonardo.
- He’s a girl dad (father of four daughters, the #pollasisters).
- He’s a cat person.
- He has dual citizenship from Italy (his place of birth) and Switzerland.
- He is an avid soccer fan, his team is Juventus F. C. (of Turin).
- He was the first physician to introduce lasers for use in dermatology to Europe (back in the mid-80s).
About his grooming & wellness habits
- He believes in prevention and correction equally.
- He lives and preaches the benefits of a low-calorie diet as a way to stay healthy and youthful, and limit inflammation.
- The one exception he will make to this is enjoying desert once in a very little while! (Yes, he has a sweet tooth).
- He has never colored his hair.
- His workouts include strength training with a personal trainer and a lot of golf (regardless of weather).
- He shaves every day, and has been using our Skin Repair Gel post shaving since launching the product a couple decades ago.
What else would you like to know about him?